Originally a 14K gold watch pendant, it was later converted into a double locket. The matte lid is centered with a cabochon cut blue paste and embellished with enamel designs. The interior is fitted with two glazed miniature picture frames.
Marked with Swiss squirrel-shaped assay mark for 585 gold standard on frame. The reverse of the lid is marked with export gold mark for 585 / 56 / 14K gold standard.
The detachable gold clasp is of a Russian origin. It is marked with 1899-1908 Moscow assay mark with assayer’s initials ‘ИЛ’ for Ivan Lebedkin, and maker’s initials.
Diameter 25 mm (1 in.)
Total weight 11.57 grams