made in St. Petersburg between 1899 and 1904 by Rudolf Weide, a prominent jeweler of the period.
An antique Russian 14K gold cross pendant is embellished with white and blue champleve enamel.
The front is engraved with the eight pointed Russian Orthodox cross and abbreviation” IC – XC ” which stands for Jesus Christ. Engraved inscription in Old Slavonic script on the back reads “SAVE AND PROTECT”.
The cross is marked on back with maker’s initials ‘PB’ for Rudolf Weide, 56 zolotnik Imperial gold standard with initials ‘ЯЛ’ for St. Petersburg assay master Yakov Liapunov (1899-1904).
Length (without loop) 40 mm (1 5/8 in.)