Austro-Hungarian Empire, circa 1870
A heavy antique 18K gold cluster ring is centered with a blue sapphire (approximately 0.80 ct) encircled by six sparkling old mine cut diamonds (G-H color, VS1-SI1 clarity), set in a geometric bezel.
Estimated total diamond weight is 2.80 ct.
The ring is marked with chamois shaped Austro-Hungarian 1867-1872 assay mark for the 3rd gold standard (750 gold / 18K) and maker’s mark.
The sapphire and diamond cluster is 14 mm (9/16 in.) in diameter.
Weight 12.95 grams
Ring size 10.25 (20 mm) sizable