A pair of vintage 14K gold, pearl white guilloche enamel and diamond cufflinks by Joseph Marshak, a prominent jeweler during the reign of Tsar Nicholas II.
Made in Kiev between 1908 and 1917
The guilloche enamel discs are centered with two old European cut diamonds (approximately 0.70 ct tw) and flanked by chased gold ribbon tied laurel swags.
The Marshak firm, now known as Marchak (Paris), was founded in 1878 in Kiev with a branch in Moscow. The firm existed in Russia until 1917. Being one of the major Faberge competitors, Marshak produced, among other jewels, some very fine guilloche enamel pieces.
The cufflinks are marked with 56 zolotnik old Russian gold standard, maker’s initials ‘IM’ and inventory number 3271.
Width 17 mm (5/8 in.)