A Pair of Antique Emerald and Diamond Cluster Earrings
The earrings are set with two vivid green old-mine emeralds (approximately 0.67 and 0.71 ct), surrounded by old cut sparkling diamonds with an estimated combined weight of 1.50 ct.
Made in Moscow between 1882 and 1898. Both earrings are stamped with 56 zolotnik old Russian gold standard (14K), Moscow city assay mark and maker’s initials ‘BP’ for Moscow jeweler Vasily Rodionov, 1889-1894, awarded with a bronze medal at Paris exhibition in 1889.
See Gold and Silversmiths In Russia 1600-1926, volume II, No. 3570.
Height of the clusters – 12 mm (1/2 in.)