made in St. Petersburg between 1899 and 1904.
These Victorian era antique earrings are designed in medieval Byzantine style and handcrafted in 14K yellow gold. The earrings are embellished with two faceted emerald beads (approximately 1 ct each), two old cushion cut diamonds (approximately 0.25 ct each), and six rose cut diamonds.
The earrings are marked with 56 zolotnik old Russian gold assay mark with initials ‘ЯЛ’ for assay master Yakov Liapunov (head of St. Petersburg assay office between 1899 and 1904).
Estimated total emerald weight is 2 carats.
Estimated total diamond weight is 0.60 ct.
Total length with ear wire is 28 mm (1 1/8 in.)
Weight 1.6 grams each.