This striking 19th century hollow gold necklace is designed in the Renaissance style of the 1500s – early 1600s. The necklace is crafted in 14K gold and embellished with garnets and pearls. The semi-baroque shape pearl measures 10 x 9.48 mm.
The original clasp was replaced in the early 1900s. The replacement clasp is marked with a Russian 56 zolotnik gold assay mark for 1908-1917 period and a later Russian control (resale) mark from the 1930s for 583 gold standard (14K).
Total length 41.5 cm (16 1/4 in.)