made in Vienna, Austria, circa 1870.
The pendant consists of two rock crystal cabochons set in a 14K gold bezel. One crystal cabochon is carved with a carnation into its back, the other – with a rooster. The carved areas are painted with colorful enamels. This technique gives a three-dimensional effect.
Diameter 19 mm (2/3 in.)
Marked on the smaller ring with ‘A’ for Vienna.