made in St. Petersburg between 1904 and 1908.
The body of this Russian Imperial era gold egg pendant is embossed with rococo-style scrolls. One side of the egg is embellished with a stylized flower set with three sparkling demantoid garnets.
The egg is marked on suspension ring with 56 zolotnik old Russian gold standard, initials ‘AP’ for St. Petersburg assay master Alexander Romanov and maker’s initials ‘ГД’.
Length without the suspension ring 12 mm (about 1/2 in.)