This unusiual miniature egg pendant was made between 1899 and 1908 and is attributed to Faberge. The pendant is designed as an egg shaped emerald hanging from a delicate diamond bow. The bow is crafted in silver-topped gold (front – silver, back – gold) and is embellished with rose cut diamonds.
The frame of the bow is sctratched with a five digit inventory number “84317,” what is typical for jewelry made by Faberge.
The suspension ring is marked with old Russian 56 zolotnik gold standard (14K) and 1899-1908 female head shaped assay mark.
Althought there is no maker’s mark, almost certainly, the pendant is by Faberge.
The emerald measures 11.72 x 7.85 – 7.5 mm. Estimated emerald weight is 4 carats.
Length without suspension ring is 18 mm (3/4 in.)