Made in St. Petersburg between 1908 and 1917 by W. Warburton.
This white guilloche enamel egg pendant with cage-like gold mount is embellished with nine faceted rubies. The design of the egg is clearly influenced by Faberge eggs of the same period. The jeweler W. Warburton, a UK citizen and a supplier of the Russian Imperial Court, owned a workshop at Bolshaya Morskaia Street No. 15 in Saint Petersburg, neighboring Carl Faberge’s shop at No. 24 on the same street.
The egg is marked with maker’s initials ‘ B B ‘, 56 zolotnik old Russian gold standard, and 1908-1917 assay mark.
Length without suspension ring is 17 mm (11/16 in.)