This Belle Époque pendant was made in St. Petersburg between 1908 and 1917 by Faberge, jeweler to the Tsars of Russia. It is attributed to the workshop of Feberge’s workmaster Albert Holmstrom.
The pendant is marked with 56 zolotnik old Russian gold standard, workmaster’s initials ‘AH’, and original Faberge’s inventory number 88202 scratched horizontally (typical for Faberge jewelry) on the frame.
The 80,000+ inventory number is consistent with Holmstrom’s jewelry made in the 1910s.
The silver topped 14K gold (front – silver, back – gold) pendant is set with two large natural saltwater pearls: one button shaped 10.39 mm in diameter and one drop shaped, approximately 13 mm long.
The pearls are accented by sixteen old European cut diamonds and numerous tiny old rose cut diamonds.
Estimated total diamond weight is 1.40 ct.
Total length 45 mm (1 3/4 in.)
The pendant is accompanied by a GIA report for the pearls.
A similar pearl pendant is featured in a Faberge price catalog from the 1890s.