This exceptional quality Georgian era ring is crafted in silver topped 14K gold (front – silver, back and shank – gold). The ring is centered with a pinkish purple garnet surrounded by an openwork bezel embellished with chunky old mine and rose cut diamonds.
The shank of the ring is a late 19th century replacement. It is marked with 56 zolotnik old Russian gold standard, Moscow assay mark with date ‘1881’ and maker’s initials ‘Г Б’.
The garnet is approximately 14.5 x 11 mm.
Estimated total diamond weight is 4 carats.
The garnet and diamond top measurres 31 x 18 mm (1 1/4 x 11/16 in.)
Ring size 7.5 (18 mm) sizable