Austrian, circa 1950
The brooch is handcrafted in 14K white gold. The flower heads are superbly carved from white agate and embellished with diamonds. The green leaf is naturalistically carved from a single piece of nephrite jade. The ends of the stems are accented with sparkling old mine cut diamonds.
The diamonds of this brooch are pre-1900 old mine cut and early 1900s old European cut stones. After World War II, in the 1950s, jewelers while producing new pieces, frequently recycled old cut stones which originated from antique jewelry.
Estimated total diamond weight is 2.30 ct.
Length is 95 mm (3 3/4 in.)