This elegant Belle Epoque ring was made in St. Petersburg between 1908 and 1917.
The ring is crafted in silver topped 14k gold and centered with a natural cabochon cut ruby set in a gold milgrain setting, flanked by two diamond scrolls.
Marked with 56 zolotnik Imperial gold standard / St. Petersburg assay office symbol and maker’s initials ‘ Г М ‘, probably for George Municke, owner of a jewelry shop at Nevsky 96 in St. Petersburg.
One natural ruby (5.9 x 4.1 x 3.3 mm), approximately 0.86 ct
28 old mine cut diamonds, estimated combined weight – 1.84 ct
37 mm (1 1/2 in.) from top to bottom
Ring size 7 .5 (18 mm) sizable