This Renaissance revival antique three stone gold men’s ring was made in St. Petersburg between 1899 and 1904.
The ring is cast in high relief with renaissance style scrolling foliage and prong set with a large blue cabochon sapphire
flanked by two champagne colored diamonds.
The sapphire measures 11.8 x 9.8 x 5.65 mm and is approximately 7.06 ct.
The antique cushion cut diamonds are 5.6 x 5.9 x 4.4 mm (approximately 1.12 ct) and 6 x 5.4 x 4 mm (approximately 1 ct).
Estimated combined diamond weight is 2.12 ct.
Width of the gold band – 14 mm (1/2 in.)
Weight – 13.2 grams
Ring size 11.25 (21 mm) sizable
The ring is marked with 56 zolotnik old Russian gold standard (14K) with initials of St. Petersburg assay master Yakov Liapunov
and maker’s initials ‘OK’ for Olov Koistinen, owner of a goldsmith workshop in St. Petersburg,
mentioned in archival records in 1894, 1895 and 1900 (Ref. Gold And Silversmiths In Russia by A. Ivanov vol. 1, No. 2007).
The ring comes in a sapphire blue leather box of the period.