This Renaissance revival 18K gold pendant from the Victorian era is centered with a finely painted Limoges-type enamel plaque depicting a gazing putto (angel) after Raphael’s putto from the Sistine Madonna painting (1512). The plaque is set in an ornate openwork frame embellished with turquoise and multi-color enamel. The back is set with a glazed compartment surrounded by intricate hand-engraved foliage.
Total length with bail 45 mm (1 2/3 in)
Width 32 mm (1 1/4 in.)