made in St. Petersburg between 1908 and 1917 by W. Warburton.
The white guilloche enamel egg pendants with cage-like gold mounts are embellished with small faceted rubies. The design of these egg pendants is clearly influenced by Faberge eggs of the same period. The jeweler W. Warburton, a UK citizen, supplier of the Russian Imperial Court, owned a workshop at Bolshaya Morskaia Street No. 15, neighboring Carl Faberge shop at No. 24 on the same street.
The eggs are marked with maker’s initials ‘ B B ‘ (on both rings), 56 zolotnik old Russian gold standard (on smaller rings), and 1908-1917 assay mark on larger rings.
Length without suspension rings – 17 mm (11/16 in.)
It is extremely rare to see two identical egg pendants.
THE PRICE IS PER EGG. $11,800 FOR BOTH EGGS.