Porcelain plate from the yacht ALEXANDRIA, a private yacht of the Russian Imperial Family.
Made at the Imperial porcelain factory in St. Petersburg in 1898.
Diameter – 10 in. (25 cm)
The plate is painted with the coat of arms: a gold sword on a blue shield placed through a wreath of white roses with the motto – For Faith, Czar and Fatherland.
The design of the shield is identical to the coat of arms of the Cottage palace Alexandria in Peterhof. The rim is painted blue.
Literature: Dining with the Czars, page 125; Russian Imperial Yachts, pages 218-219.
Marked with cipher of Czar Nicholas II and date ‘1898’.